Thursday, June 15, 2017

ROB PARTON BIG BAND





ROB PARTON
It Don’t Mean A Thing
If It Ain’t Got That Swing

This was one of the very best big bands is Chicago for many years.
The band broke up a few years ago but most of the players a still active in and around Chicago. Rob Parton the leader left town but is still very active.

Saxophone:
Ken Partyka - Lead Alto
Matt Whitler - alto
Alex Beltran - Tenor
Bill Overton - Tenor

Trombones:
Dan Johnsom. Tim Kaufman, Tom Garling, John Blane

Trumpets:
Rob Parton - Lead, Marcus Farrell. Scott Wagstaff, Sam Lawrenson

Rhythm Section:
Tim Fox - Bass
Kevin O’connell - Piano
Mike Pinto - Guitar
Bob Rummagr - Drums



Arranger: john fedchock

2 comments:

  1. Tom Garling.Former Maynard,Buddy sideman among many others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom,
      FYI, this clip came from my Web site, now closed down in which I posted all the bands that played at Fitzgerald's for a few years. You may have seen it. I think I have about 7 dates with the Parton band. I pretty much quit going there so I didn't have any new material so I shut it down. Now I just fool around with my blog/FB Group which I suspect is where you found this clip
      Take care

      Delete

ANDY MARTIN - VIC LEWIS The Project

Popular Posts