Wednesday, November 22, 2017

TERRY GIBBS



TERRY GIBBS
Bright Eyes

Swing Is Here

My second favorite Bill Holman arrangement. When I was in school at North Texas, we took everything at outlandish tempo’s. Hell, I think we did Lil’ Darling at about  mm120.  It wasn’t until I got the recording a few years later that I learned how Holman meant this to be played.  He remarked once how bands always take charts far faster then the arranger intended them 

Buddy Clark
Bass (Upright)
Buddy Clark
Bass
Mel Lewis
Drums
Joe Maini
Lead, Sax (Alto)
Al Porcino
Leader, Trumpet
Lou Levy
Piano
Bill Perkins
Sax (Alto), Sax (Tenor)
Charlie Kennedy
Sax (Alto)
Jack Schwartz
Sax (Baritone)
Bob Edmundson
Trombone
Bobby Pring
Trombone
Frank Rosolino
Trombone
Tommy Sheppard
Trombone
John Audino
Trumpet
Conte Candoli
Trumpet
Ray Triscari
Trumpet
Stu Williamson

Trumpet

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANDY MARTIN - VIC LEWIS The Project

Popular Posts