Tuesday, July 18, 2017

KNOXVILLE JAZZ ORCHESTRA - Pirelli's Miracle Elixir


Terry Vosbein
FleetStreet
Pirelli's Miracle Elixir

I’ve posted a couple of cuts from the recording but this is a concert version.

A question. This is really not about the music per se. You are looking at the score on a pad on your music stand. Is that per chance from Freehand Systems? I ask because if a couple of things.First Freehand bought a company called ECS, Electronic Courseware SysteM. They produced educational music software. When they bought them I got in touch with their sales manager. It’s possible you know him. His name is Chaim Rubinov. We were talking once and I found out he was a graduate in trumpet performance from North Texas. I don’t know when, after me but perhaps around your time as a student there. He studied privately with Don Jacoby when “Jake” moved there.

The music pads were their big product. A little later I was talking to a guy that worked with Harry Connick. I was told that he used them in the whole band for a while. Sure beats carrying around your whole book. Anyhow,  seeing what you had on the stand made me wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANDY MARTIN - VIC LEWIS The Project

Popular Posts