Tuesday, October 24, 2017

COUNT BASIE



COUNT BASIE
BOMB - The Atomic Mr Basie
featuring: Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAWS
My favorite Lockjaw solo. While admittedly  super cliched, they are Jaw's cliches. I like to tell the story about when I was in college I had a friend, a very good tenor player, that would despair  at my love of this solo. He was a huge Zoot Simms fan. Hard to get much different then Simms and Lockjaw. 

• Wendell Culley — trumpet
• Snooky Young — trumpet
• Thad Jones — trumpet
• Joe Newman — trumpet
• Henry Coker — trombone
• Al Grey — trombone
• Benny Powell — trombone
• Marshal Royal — reeds
• Frank Wess — reeds
• Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis — reeds
• Frank Foster — reeds
• Charles Fowlkes — reeds
• Count Basie — piano
• Eddie Jones — bass
• Freddie Green — guitar

• Sonny Payne — drums

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANDY MARTIN - VIC LEWIS The Project

Popular Posts